Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year

I was trying to think of some cute catchy title for today's blog - the first of the new year. I just could not come up with a thing that did not make me sound like a writer for Regis and Kelly and thus make me want to vomit. So I stuck with the simple yet eloquent "Happy New Year". And so far it seems to be pretty jolly.
Chris and I have never been big on New Year's Eve parties. We just don't like being on the roads after midnight with those who enjoy the New Year's Eve parties. This year we went to dinner at our good friend's the Malones and then back home by 9pm and well, I hate to admit it, but I was fast asleep by 11:15pm. I have always heard that what you are doing when you ring in the new year will be what you will be doing during the upcoming year. I will take the notion of sleep all the merry year through. I do believe in that saying. Two years ago I was holding a friend's baby when the year began and guess what sports fans - six months later I was pregnant.
So here are some things I really want to do in 2009. Not resolutions - just desires. I will spare you the usual - exercise more, do more community service, etc. That's always a given every year. Here goes -
I want to...
visit friends in Vancouver.
organize my home office.
pick out furniture for my living room and complete the remodel of it.
go to the aquarium at least once every two weeks.
go to the Creative Discovery Museum (once Peanut is walking).
see the Jim Henson exhibit in Atlanta.
go to the beach.
go to the Master's.
throw J. Hogan an awesome 1st birthday party.
have dinner (and lunches) with my girlfriends more often.
continue eliminating high fructose corn syrup from my diet.
install new flooring in eight rooms of the house (well at least pay someone to).
grow some sort of edible something in my back yard.
have friends over for dinner more and introduce them to our various groups of people.
potty train J.Hogan (just the thought brings tears to my eyes - he's a little young, but I can hope).
introduce J. Hogan to the joy of art projects.
go hiking.
re-read two classic works of literature along with new works.
use less paper towels (that one's for you Chris ;) you can wipe the tears away).
take more pictures.
blog more often.
If I think of others, I will sure let you know. Oh and I just did - sleep more!

1 comment:

Julie Tilley said...

I always love your blog and many times just forget to let you know I read it. They always invoke some sort of emotion and it is like I can hear you telling the story in my head. Dana, you are wonderful and I am so very glad you are my friend. BIG HUG! Julie