Monday, October 27, 2008

Perfect Pumpkins - Perfect Day





Saturday was one of those perfect fall family days that you just have to document somewhere. During the morning we just worked around the house and J. Hogan surprisingly took an extra long nap. We then picked up our good friends the Malones and their daughter and headed north to Riceville, Tennessee, to the Gutherie Farms pumpkin patch.


It is a really great small town farm complete with a corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayride, petting "zoo", and many places to take some great pictures. Peanut loved every minute of it.


After the pumpkin patch, everyone was hungry so we began our trek back south stopping in Cleveland for dinner at Jenkins. When I was growing up in Athens, we had a Jenkins and I loved it. It's basically bar food done right! I had my favorite veggie burger of all time.



We then headed home and watched a little football and then off to bed at a decent hour. Like I said - perfect day!

No comments: