Friday, October 17, 2008

House Guest

So this week we have been hosting a very important house guest. Her name is Coconut and she is a gecko. She belongs to a brilliant, adorable, fascinating 10 year old who is currently vacationing with her family.


Coconut is pretty cool. She is nocturnal so she does not do much during the day, but she occasionally comes out of her cave or tree log to see what's going on in her world. At night we have to feed her crickets - live crickets. When I first learned of this fact, I wondered what I had agreed to, but it is really no big deal. And believe it or not, I have yet to cry over the loss of a cricket or release any into the freedom of our yard. I guess it is all part of life.


So to let you all know, geckos are a really neat pet. I highly recommend them and will miss Coconut when she goes back home on Sunday.

4 comments:

carrie said...

And what does Gizmo thing of this new animal lurking in the house?!?!

Dana and Cindy said...

Gizmo could care less. He's still trying to figure out the "animal" that has been lurking in his house for the past 7 1/2 months.

Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

I don't even know what to say other than I would totally be freaking out if it was my house that thing was living in!

Dana and Cindy said...

AB - Get ready. MANY things about babies are much more icky than a gecko.