Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

So today was one of those days mornings that you just want to crumple it up into a tiny ball, throw it on the ground, stomp on it twice and then bury it under several layers of rock and soil. Okay so maybe I am being a little dramatic.

First of all, for those of you who do not know J. Hogan personally, he does not sleep. He is way to busy and far to wise to fall for any tricks to get him to take a nap so don't bother with the suggestions. This morning was just extraordinarily bad. He REALLY needed a nap in the worst sort of way. But instead of napping, he was just completely happy fussing at me about EVERYTHING. So I then grabbed my phone and looked at my calendar only to realize that I mistakenly thought J. Hogan's pictures with the best photographer ever were today and not tomorrow as it was booked in my head. I then began to scramble to iron clothes and pack all we needed for the photo shoot. In the midst of packing while holding a tired child, I got scratched in the eye by a stray fingernail and therefore was sentenced to wearing my glasses all day.

I finally got everything in the car, the dog locked in his kennel, my glasses on my face, the kid in the car and began to back out of the garage. Side note - we bought a brand new car two months ago that I drive. I put the car in reverse and began my journey into the world. Side note - depth perception in glasses is not that great. As the car began leaving the garage, I hear a SCRAPE. I get out of the car to see that I have just hit the basketball goal. Side note - we have not played basketball in oh two years. I see the damage, but it's not too bad. Just a few scrapes. I get back into the car and pull forward to remove the car from the basketball goal and then hear a CRASH. I hit the garage with my passenger mirror. GOOD MORNING!!!

I then head off to Cleveland for J. Hogan's pictures convinced that it was going to be a disaster. Well, I can happily say, I was wrong. It was wonderful. Carrie is so amazing and it was so nice just hanging out with the little man outside acting silly.

I can now laugh about the car. I mean, it's just a car and it can be fixed. But I just hope and pray tomorrow is better.

No comments: