Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Half Birthday Peanut!

I cannot believe my baby boy is six months old today. I am typically not a very emotional woman, but the past week has been full of tear fighting moments for me. First of all, on Wednesday, I went to have Peanut's new big boy car seat installed. That's right folks, no more infant seat for him. He is just too long for it - imagine that. I thought this errand would be a "no big dealer". Boy was I wrong. After the kind store owner installed the seat in the scorching heat, I buckled Peanut in and sat in the back seat just staring at how big he looked. I fought the tears all the way to my mom's group.

The next emotional episode came the next evening when my parents came down for a visit. Hubby and I needed to test drive a car and let's face it, it's much easier without the little one. Mom and dad kept Peanut. After the test drive, Hubby and I went to dinner - just the two of us. We go out to eat fairly often, but usually it is a party of three or more. A baby started crying two tables over and then so did I. As a breastfeeding mom with a son that will not take a bottle, my outings without the little sidekick are few and I would not have it any other way.

Which brings me to today. My baby is half of a year old. Where did my little newborn go? He is so big and so smart and so funny. I just love the personality that is coming out in him. He is so sweet and eager with the smiles. He LOVES toys - especially his piano. I am entertained with numerous concerts throughout the day. He sits up, stands up, eats lots of fruits and veggies (and LOVES them), drinks from a regular cup, says "ma-ma" when he wants me to pay attention to him, and the latest - he can waive bye-bye. Life is good. My life is awesome. I kiss the two most wonderful men goodnight every night.

1 comment:

carrie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog!!! We will be celebrating this day very soon. Can't believe it's already here!! I'll post about our sentimental day too!!