Monday, February 2, 2009

IT SNOWED!!!! now when is spring coming

Today was a snow day. I woke up to a cold, wet, rainy day. Not just a gentle rain, but one of those where you can't even use an umbrella because the rain hits you anyway. I just wrote the day off to a gloomy stay-inside kind of day.


Then it all changed. I put Peanut down for a nap and hopped in the shower. After about 30 minutes of intense beautification, I peaked outside to see not just snow, but a downpour of snow. I was so excited.


This is really J. Hogan's first real snow. In the end, we had about 1/4 of inch on the ground and it melted within minutes, but for about 2 hours it snowed - like is snows in Colorado - continuous - big flakes. It was wonderful.


J. Hogan woke up and just sat in his room for about 20 minutes staring out the window. When I got up there I explained the crazy phenomenon to him and to my delight he belted out a hardy "ow". That's J. Hoganese for snow.


I bundled him up and we went to play.


Then I came inside to hear Punxsutawney Phil said we have six more weeks of this garbage and that just deflated my happiness.


Oh sweet springtime, please don't wait. I long for your sunshine and warm days.

No comments: